Re: Draining Fuel tank

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Pat, Fill the hose, put your thumb over the end, take it over the side to below the tank and take your thumb off. Or put a plug in the end instead of your thumb.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean PearlĀ

On 03 May 2021 at 01:20 "Patrick McAneny via groups.io" <sailw32@...> wrote:

I only have about 30 gallons of fuel in my tank and I want to drain it. My boat is on the hard ,so I placed a five foot length of 1/2" cpvc tube into the tank and attached a 25' length of 1/2"OD plastic hose , I drop that over the side hoping I could siphon the fuel out. I attached the hose to a shop vac , sealing the connection with tape and yet it did not produce enough suction to pull the fuel up out of the tank by more than two feet ,about to the height of the cockpit seat. I was surprised by that ,it is a big vac ,with a lot of suction. Does anyone have a suggestion on how or what to use to suck the fuel up and out of the tank.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans