Re: LiFePO4 Batteries, what they can do for you.

Justin Maguire

Thanks Ken! You’re inspiring confidence in me! Are you running an electric stove?

On May 6, 2021, at 19:26, Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:

Hello Justin,

It's now 8:51AM here in Thailand, and I just finished the capacity test.  I left the Aircon running until 8:20AM, that's 19 hours 20 minutes pulling 32 to 35 Amps.  These batteries are 1 year old LiFePO4 batteries from Lithium Valley.  The batteries cost $3500 delivered to Phuket Thailand.

This is unbelievable, but true.

With 1200 watts of solar the only reason you would NEED to run the generator is NO sun.  But, you may WANT to run the generator because you want to run the AC for more that 6 or 7 hours a day.   Let's just say this - you probably wouldn't miss your genset much if you took off for a two week trip with a inop genset.

Ken On Aquarius
SM2K#262
In Thailand