Re: [Amel] Mast Worklite

john martin <symoondog@...>

Thanks Yves, I'll try them. I too had problems with burning out the bulbs. I thought they would be better because they were 28 volts and expensive. I blamed the big seas I was slamming in for a while for the bulb failures, but maybe that's not the case. John

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: bluemarinemartin@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:55:13 +0200
Subject: Re: RE: [Amel] Mast Worklite

Bonjour john martin,

I, and a few other AMEL, had a lot of burst with this very expensive bulb. I do not know why since they are used in aircraft industry on landing wheels (hard job)...but

Another solution: use a car/truck headlight projector with a standard 24 V.bulb (H3)...at least it is less expensive! I bought a couple in Singapore. It fits very well in the same frame.

Yves MARTIN

BM2,
bluemarinemartin@gmail.com
2009-10-18
From: karkauai@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:02:56 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Mast Worklite

Hi, again, all.
Simple ? this time. I'm changing the bulb in the mast worklite (that shines on the forward deck) but the old one had no identifying marks. I found a replacement that was already on board in a box that had been opened and had only a handwritten "24v 25w". That doesn't seem very bright for a worklight that far above the deck. I know it's 24v, but can anyone tell me what wattage it is? Is the cockpit flood mounted on the mizzen mast the same?
Thanks,
Kent
SM 243 "Kristy"