Re: [Amel] Mast Worklite

john martin <symoondog@...>

Thanks Yves, I'll try them. I too had problems with burning out the bulbs. I thought they would be better because they were 28 volts and expensive. I blamed the big seas I was slamming in for a while for the bulb failures, but maybe that's not the case. John

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:55:13 +0200
Subject: Re: RE: [Amel] Mast Worklite

Bonjour john martin,

I, and a few other AMEL, had a lot of burst with this very expensive bulb. I do not know why since they are used in aircraft industry on landing wheels (hard job)...but

Another solution: use a car/truck headlight projector with a standard 24 V.bulb (H3)...at least it is less expensive! I bought a couple in Singapore. It fits very well in the same frame.

Yves MARTIN

BM2,
bluemarinemartin@gmail.com
2009-10-18
----- Message reçu -----
De : john martin
À : Amel YAHOO GROUP
Date : 2009-10-18, 17:56:03
Sujet : RE: [Amel] Mast Worklite

Kent, The 25 watt is OK for the mizzen, but you should use the hard to find aircraft GE bulb no.4593 for the main mast. Its 28 volts and 50 watts.
Any GE dealer should be able to order it for you. I got some from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. in Georgia phone 877-4777823 John "Moon Dog" SM 248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:02:56 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Mast Worklite

Hi, again, all.
Simple ? this time. I'm changing the bulb in the mast worklite (that shines on the forward deck) but the old one had no identifying marks. I found a replacement that was already on board in a box that had been opened and had only a handwritten "24v 25w". That doesn't seem very bright for a worklight that far above the deck. I know it's 24v, but can anyone tell me what wattage it is? Is the cockpit flood mounted on the mizzen mast the same?
Thanks,
Kent
SM 243 "Kristy"

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.