Re: Spinnaker pole strut mast fitting ball joint replacement? #replacement

Kevin,

If I were you and because this is the only part of the pole system that will suffer from UV degradation, I would take the other "good" ball off of the short pole and bring it to a machine shop and have it duplicated using solid aluminum.

Actually, every SM owner should probably consider this.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 8:46 AM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
I checked with Sparcraft and they only made some of the components of the Amel spinnaker pole system.  They had never seen the ball joint fitting before.

I did provide pics along with my email to Amel.  I’ll give them a few more days to respond.

As always,  I appreciate the feedback and support this group always provides when looking for sage advice.

Kevin Schmit
Portsmouth, NH

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit