Re: LiFePO4 Batteries, what they can do for you.

Dan Carlson

Good question Geoff,

We have not observed any impact, however, we've primarily used it at anchor, and only underway under very benign conditions as it is not secure. Although it seems to gimbal on the stovetop ok.

The instructions recommend that you not set it directly on metal stove top burners? So we put a cutting board in between.

It generates a high frequency oscillating magnetic field, and a pan must be on it. If you lift the pan off to store or ?? It will beep and reduce power until pan is replaced.

So the magnetic field decreases exponentially based on the distance.

Our helm compass is about 2 meters away from the cooktop and the autopilot compass is even further.

This is not my area of expertise but I have worked with several different applications of magnetic fields and proximity was always the key.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe

On Mon, May 10, 2021, 6:39 AM Regards Geoff Kidd - Hopefully on track to sign as SV KEYDAH Merchant <gwk13@...> wrote:
Dan.

May I ask please whether your Induction Cooktop has any adverse effect on your main compass or your autopilot when you are cooking on it?