[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Electrial bilge pump SMM 2000

Anne and John Hollamby <hollamby@...>

Message text written by INTERNET:amelyachtowners@...
<
Hi Jim,
I still believe the basic problem is that the water above the flaps in the
bilge pump is leaking back so that there is no water on the flaps to weigh
them down. You could take the cover off the pump and look to see that the
flaps are closing properly and either way take them off and reverse them so
that they work properly. Of course a better solution would be to get a pair
of the improved flaps from the makers or from Amel. The complete set, two
flaps and a spare diaphram ( not needed ) cost me about US$ 45 in Malta
through a chandlery which had to gt them from Italy.

Try it, incidentally why pump the sump dry so often ? John
Hollamby