Re: Help! Which gearbox fits best on my Amel Maramu with Beta 60 engine and original propeller.

michael winand

I went with a beta 60 with the tmc260  at 2.45 ratio, in a super maramu   happy, I think you will be too 
Michael Nebo sm251 

On Wed, 12 May 2021 at 7:37 am, James Watkins via groups.io
<ewatk49734@...> wrote:

Dirk   I did a refit on a Maramu hull 177 of a yanmar and used the original transmission.  I can send picture if you want them.

Best Regards

Jim Watkins

Maramu 177  Act II

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 9:08 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Help! Which gearbox fits best on my Amel Maramu with Beta 60 engine and original propeller.

Dear Amel friends, On our Amel Maramu hull 171 construction year 1985 the engine needs to be replaced. Our choice is a Beta 60. I've been configuring the motor for a week now. But unfortunately I can't figure it out myself. One says this and the other says that, in short, I have completely lost the thread. Which gearbox should I choose and with what ratio? My advisor in Holland says that I should go for a ZF25 hydraulic or a PRM 280 Hydraulic and my mechanic in France says that I should go for a mechanical ZF25 so that I can then tighten the prop. I am curious which gearbox and with what ratio you think best suits my Amel Maramu with a Beta 60 engine.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.