Re: Super Maramu length of the Long Pole

John Clark

No Bill that was the long poles.  They reported that the way Amel had them stowed they stuck out about a foot.  They said they were shortened so that they fit inside the rail.  The "short" poles were not modified.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:17 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
John,

That would be the short poles, right?

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:
Annie's poles were reported to be shortened by original owner because the insurance company did not like them protruding past the rails.  I never measured them but they work fine.

John Clark
Annie SM 37
St Thomas, USVI

On Mon, May 10, 2021, 10:53 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Dan,

I know of no such recommendation. I know that 1 SM owner (Hull before 200) says that he shortened his poles by 57.5 cm. to match the length of a SM2k. I am not sure that this statement from him is totally accurate. I doubt it but trying to determine the facts. And I am not sure of the length of the aluminum tubes on Feierabend SM #86. Can you give that to me? That may tell us all we need to know.

Here is SM444:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 9:01 AM Dan Wilcox via groups.io <dwilcox123=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill,

So is there a recommendation to shorten a long pole to be the shorter length for better storage and functionality?

Thanks, Dan
Feierabend SM #86

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 02:53:54 AM PDT, Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:

It is 467cm on Bonne Anse. End to end. The long pole.
-
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz