Re: maramu and santorin owners - what size dinghy do you have an where do you store

Ian Park

Eric
I have a Highfield Ultralight 270 (aluminium hull) with a 15hp 2 stroke. The book says max 9.9hp but that’s a 4 stroke which is the same weight. I got the Hypalon version.
Stored inverted on the foredeck, deflated when going any distance. Easy to lift over the side on a halliard single handed. I have a cheap Li Lo electric pump which plugs into the 12v socket in the forward heads. Does most of the work quite quickly then a few pumps to get necessary tube pressure.
My boat already had four small ‘U’ bolts fitted in the sides of the coachroof which accommodate a couple of ratchet straps, so security is fine.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96