Re: Super Maramu length of the Long Pole

Dan Wilcox

Bill,  our poles must be monsters...  Overall, 526.5 cm (207.25 inches)... just silver part is 500.4 cm (197").

Thanks, Dan
Feierabend SM#86

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 05:03:14 AM PDT, John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:

No Bill that was the long poles.  They reported that the way Amel had them stowed they stuck out about a foot.  They said they were shortened so that they fit inside the rail.  The "short" poles were not modified.

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:17 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
John,

That would be the short poles, right?

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:
Annie's poles were reported to be shortened by original owner because the insurance company did not like them protruding past the rails.  I never measured them but they work fine.

John Clark
Annie SM 37
St Thomas, USVI

On Mon, May 10, 2021, 10:53 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Dan,

I know of no such recommendation. I know that 1 SM owner (Hull before 200) says that he shortened his poles by 57.5 cm. to match the length of a SM2k. I am not sure that this statement from him is totally accurate. I doubt it but trying to determine the facts. And I am not sure of the length of the aluminum tubes on Feierabend SM #86. Can you give that to me? That may tell us all we need to know.

Here is SM444:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 9:01 AM Dan Wilcox via groups.io <dwilcox123=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill,

So is there a recommendation to shorten a long pole to be the shorter length for better storage and functionality?

Thanks, Dan
Feierabend SM #86

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 02:53:54 AM PDT, Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:

It is 467cm on Bonne Anse. End to end. The long pole.
-
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz