Re: solar panel

Dean Gillies

Eloi,
My tuppence worth.

Both Trina and Sunpower make good quality panels.

If price was not a problem, then I would choose the Sunpower because:
1. It is a little more efficient, and therefore the panel area is ~8% smaller for a given output.
2. It is little lighter, therefore ~6kg less loading on the structure;
3. It's frame is 10mm thicker, implying a bit more structural strength.

You should note that the operating voltage for the Sunpower is 75V compared to 41V for the Trina.  I think this limits your option of series connection (if you particularly wanted to do that).

If the price difference is REALLY huge, then I would be happy with Trina panels.

Good luck
Dean
SV Stella A54-154