Amel 54, For those who do not really like the entrance hatch locking system

Arno Luijten

Dear Forum,

For some time I had been wondering what Amel was thinking when they came up with the locking system for the entrance hatch. For me it felt like an afterthought and not very secure/convenient.

In an attempt to improve it I changed the system as shown on the pictures below. It is now much easier to open and lock the hatch with one hand and it is also impossible to slide it down without disengaging the lock.
Let me know if you would like to have more details on the locking device I used.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121