Re: House Bank vs. Engine Start

Thomas Kleman

The house bank and start battery should be completely separate. But you've had not 1 but 2 coincidences. On your boat, the state of the house bank seems to influence the start circuit. Before I did anything (like take the boat somewhere), I would label and test the entire start circuit. Maybe a previous owner made a "modification".

It could also be 2 problems; you may have a problem in the ignition/starter circuit, the start stop solenoid, or something else.

Sounds like a long weekend with a multimeter.
Good luck.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
SV L'ORIENT