Re: Amel 54, For those who do not really like the entrance hatch locking system

Arno Luijten

Hi Thomas,

I did consider the intermediate position case. Apart from the fact I’m still able to add it if required the reality is that I never used it in the time we’ve owned the boat. When rain comes in from behind I typically close the hatch all the way up. When the sailing is so bad I get to the point of closing the hatch because of potential waves I will close it completely anyway.
The new lock also makes closing and opening the hatch much faster and a one hand operation.

Cheers,

Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121