Re: House Bank vs. Engine Start

Mark,

SM 105 was repowered with a different main engine. I am not sure who did it, but this is probably one source of your problems. I believe that some serious wiring changes were made including the termination of Amel Bonding wires (yellow/green). Additionally, I assume that the new engine was NOT installed isolated and that there is also a crossover of 12 & 24 DC negative at the engine.

A review of your wiring needs to be done.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 10:29 AM Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:
Mark,

This is an odd one...  Just by way of additional information, what was the nature of the failure of the main battery bank?  You have the original Volvo engine?

Bill Kinney
sm160, Harmonie
Hollywood, FL