Re: solar panel

This may not be the case in any of the situations above where more energy is noted than rated values, but:

If when installing the solar panels if you connect the negative wire from the MPPT to the shunt or near the shunt, you will see erroneous energy reported.

As you see below, this may be more of an issue with some SM owners who find an easy place to connect the negative input wire.
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 9:32 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Here are a few more real data points from our two LG Neon2 335w panels on our solar arch.

649KW produced over ~210 days from Oct 2 - 21 May.  = 2.82 kw/day. We did not get above 3Kw/day until we reached Antigua in late December (coudy and too far north in Bermuda in November and early December). We started to hit 4kw/day in Martinique and then the USVI in March& April. And now we've exceeded 5kw on a number of sunny days in the Chesapeake Bay  in May.

Our base consumption at anchor is about 3.6kw/ day, plus more if we run the water heater and do induction cooking.

We chose the two LG Neon panels because the fit within the existing solar arch frame. We've had several close encounters with various tall poles in marina's that we've stayed in over the years. Go too wide and with unprotected corners and you risk a broken panel.

But solar is great! Out generator usage was cut in half this year after our upgrade to 71.3 hrs.  We basically only need the generator for the water-maker when in the Caribbean.

Best regards Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

On Fri, May 21, 2021, 7:45 AM Nicolas Klene via groups.io <laixoi=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Eloi
I am having an arch built as we speak for 3 SunPower Maxeon 3 400W...
I hope it will not be an eyesore and difficult to handle in a marina .
 I should be able to see the arch being built ,next week
--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico