Safe Removal

nomadforpaul <pflafrance@...>

Has anyone removed the safe in the aft cabin? Our keypad is broken and we are looking at a new safe to install at a cost of $50.00. We have tried contacting the Italian manufacture and to replace the key pad and no response to date. It would probably be more expensive to have the part shipped to the USA, hence a new safe.
Our safe measures 14" W X 12" D X 9.5" H. We can not remove as it will not come through the cabinet door. We are looking at removing the shelf to turn the safe over on the side to fit through the opening. We believe the front part of the cabinet is fiber glassed in.
Paul
S/V Nomad SM #362