Re: solar panel

Juan de Zulueta

Nick,

I am in Tyrell bay in Carriacou.
I am very interested by your installation are you coming back soon to Tyrell bay?
Best regards

Juan
Ophélie X sm32
Tyrell bay Carriacou

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 21 mai 2021 à 13:41, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> a écrit :

Nick,

I would love to hear more about your Bimini panels. Model, how you mounted them, how you ran the wires, etc.

Now that we're going to try to cook more on induction, I surmise I may need to add more solar.

Also I can't remember who was discussing the 3kw vs 5kw, but I think your experience is evidence that with the current delivery capacity of lithium, it makes all the sense in the world to get the 5kw. With our 5kw Quattro, it has never overheated even running the dishwasher, washing machine and occasional kitchen appliance concurrently.

If you have a scuba compressor, it's a no brainer, imo. Even with a intake hose extension, I still don't like running the genset at the same time as the compressor to avoid the off chance that I get exhaust fumes in my scuba tank. Enough stuff to worry about diving in the middle of nowhere, far from a decompression chamber. We have filled 3 tanks sequentially on inverter/battery with no overheating issues.

There's the 8kw Quattro, but the idle power consumption of that monster is excessive.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69