Re: mounting 12" chart plotter

Rink,

I really like that. We sailed 40,000 miles with the plotter in the middle. Ours was exactly in the middle, but the same concept. To get it in the middle we used a RAM Mount.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 9:19 AM Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:
Following Bill’s line of thinking we have the 12” Raymarine chart plotter at the center. Well protected when sailing window open and a fair view for the co- pilot as well.

Best
Rink
Amel SM2k #330

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 22 mei 2021 om 15:52 heeft CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> het volgende geschreven:

Consider mounting the pod and/or chartplotter near the center of the windshield. Most of the time you will be viewing the chart plotter you will be seated in places other than the helm seat. Additionally, if it is in the center, everyone in the cockpit can see it.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 3:06 AM Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:
Hi,
How did you mount and connect your chart plotter in the cockpit. I wanted to mount mine (Zeus 3s 12") in a Pod to secure it from theft, but i found it much to high (no more visibility over it), so i mounted it with the original mounting bracket behind the autopilot command. Does anybody have an idea how to protect it from theft other than removing it after navigation? Having 4 cables attached to it, i want to resolder those into one plug (to pass through the hull) if i have to remove it after each navigation but i am not sure whether it is possible to assemble power, nmea and ethernet into one plug without interferences.

regards,

Eloi,
SM2K 426 RedLion