From: jamietelferv32 <jamietelferv32@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sat, October 24, 2009 5:50:02 PM
Subject: [Amel] Leaving the watermaker for 5 months

I'm about to leave our SM on the hard for 5 months in a hot climate. There are various posts on this site suggesting I should not use a storage/pickling compound on the Dessalator watermaker as it is likely to damage the seals and end caps but instead I should just flush the system well with fresh water before leaving it. Has anyone experienced any problems leaving the membranes like this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jamie Telfer
Bamboozle SM #388
Panama