Thankyou Mike

Kind regards

Darren

On Fri, 21 May 2021, 21:15 Mike Ondra via groups.io, <mdondra=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Darren,

The fix you referenced we did a year ago and have had no problem since. What I like with this solution is the continuous sanitary hose all the way from the toilet to the top of the holding tank, no joints to leak.  Reaming out the deteriorated copper and fiberglass to allow for the insertion of the tube I found quite difficult until acquiring the proper tool. See the posting on 7/31/20 https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/message/53493?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,aletes,20,2,40,75913168 for more details. One must also be meticulous about getting the resin completely around the pipe penetration from above so that it is fully sealed.  We did abandon the old riser inside the holding tank as we could not figure out a way to remove it without cutting an access port into the tank.

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Darren Moore
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 2:16 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Group Moderators <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Holding tank riser

Hi Tom and others on this forum,

Kaz and I are newby owners of our Super Maramu #171 and this is our first post to this amazing forum

I found a similar issue with our holding tanks this morning, it looks like there was a solid pipe through the bottom of the tank which then had a 35-40mm flexible pipe connected to it on the inside of the tank which went up to the top of the tanks and then curved over to point back down.

In both tanks the pipes have broken off on the inside of the tank, I'm thinking of replacing the pipe going through the bottom of the tank with a solid bronze pipe going up to near the top of the tank as in the modification suggested in this PDF

I like the idea of going into the side of the tank at the side as well, but do find going in the bottom neater.

I'd like to get the old flexible pipe out of the tanks as well, not sure if this is possible without cutting an inspection hole in the tank.

I'd be interested to hear about how you go about your modification.

Kind Regards

Darren and Karen

SV Tradewinds III

SM 171

Australia

On Thu, 20 May 2021 at 10:02, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

My aft head holding tank riser has separated from the lower part of the copper fitting. So inflow to the holding tank enters at the bottom of the tank. Despite this, there is no leaking from the fitting.

I've read the various posts on fixes; replacing the fitting, mounting a smaller diameter pipe inside what remains of the original, etc.

One goal of the project would be to make it easier to maintain. If the idea is to have the black water enter at the top of the tank, I'm wondering if anyone has moved the inlet from the bottom of the tank to the upper side. This would have the benefit of allowing the hose to run outside of the tank and turn left, dramatically simplifying clearing clogs.

Anyway, I want to consider all possibilities before I open this can of worms.

Tom and Kirstin

SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422
Tahiti