Re: C- Drive oil

Pat,

Either will work.

Amel changed the spec from 10-40 to 80-90 gear oil about 6 or 7 years ago. I found out about it when we were in Martinique from Amel Martinique.

Logically, it should have been gear oil from the beginning because it is all gears just like the bow thruster lower unit or the lower unit on an outboard engine.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM Arnold Mente via groups.io <Arnold.mente=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Pat,

is is the same as for the engine 10-40 8 Liter.

Best

Arnold
SY Zephyr
SM 203

Am 23.05.2021 um 16:00 schrieb Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...>:

Its been awhile and I can't remember what oil is now recommended for the C-drive 10-40 or 90 ,also can't remember how many qts.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

--