Re: Cook top dimensions

Barry Connor

Hi Bill and All,

When we were looking at electric ovens with induction cooktops the only 2 basic choices were the Ocean Chef 3 from Gn Espace UK and the Horizon 3 from Marine Cookers "Techimpex.tv".
The retail price we found initially was about £4,000 for each from different Marine Suppliers in UK.
We actually spoke to the Techimpex representative in Italy and he gave us a special price of 1,850 euro without tax.

What the main advantage was between the 2 units was that the Horizon 3 had bigger inside width and we could still use the baking trays from our Eno 4 burner gas oven and all S/S pans still fitted on the cook top. The Ocean Chef oven was a smaller width inside and we would have had to buy smaller baking pans. The Horizon 3 as well as the Ocean Chef 3 overall oven is smaller than the old Eno but we have roasted 2 chickens with vegetables. It heats up much faster (200deg in 10min) and holds even temperature constant when set.

We had a lot of back and forth between the 2 companies to get all the exact specifications and measurements. The Ocean Chef rep was disappointed when we pointed out his inside oven measurements were less than the Horizon 3 and that we would need to buy new baking pans. We didn't then try to negotiate any special price with him so I can't say that he would have matched the Horizon 3 price.

As we took all the LPGas out we also bought the Techimpex electric grill which fits perfectly inside our Kumma LPGas s/s frame.
Was fun fitting this, took a few tests to get it inside and are still doing the High Temp Silicone seal. Had to put in a cooling fan to keep the electric switches cool. See Photos. BBQ with lid off.

Bill, I think if you contacted the Techimpex representative "Frederico" that you could get a very good deal for the group. He was relentless in keeping in touch and answering email and queries immediately.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martnique

On Monday, May 24, 2021, 8:08:06 AM EDT, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jeremy,

I negotiated an Amel Owners Yacht School discount for my clients. It is significant. Every one of my clients that have bought from Gn Espace seems to really like the product. I actually think that they are the best and since ENO was acquired, I am not sure that there is any other choice at any price that provides you with reasonable quality. Frankly, I am surprised that Amel has not moved to GN Espace. It is not only about electric/conductive solutions it is about quality and engineering. You should also check out how the stove and the containers that GN Espace have been engineered.

Posting it here may be viewed as an advertisement for Amel Owners Yacht School. Sometimes I find myself in this "slippery situation." But follow this link: https://preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/gn-espace.html

Let me know if you have any questions. I know the principles of GN Espace and can probably get you any information you need.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 6:49 AM Jérémy Lajotte, <jeremy@...> wrote:

Who would be interested in a group buy for the OceanChef3 ?

For owners who already installed it : how much was it ? GN website only mentions a price starting at ~£2000...

Thanks,

Jérémy
SM#121
Le 24/05/2021 à 00:45, Nicolas Klene via groups.io a écrit :
Perfect !
Thanks a lot Denise.
--
Nicolas Klene