From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of karkauai via groups.io <karkauai@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:06:20 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Security Alarm system)Anxhor Alarm

Hi everyone, I hope this finds everyone happy and safe...and sailing!

I want to install an alarm sysrem, and wondered if anyone has installed a GOST sysrem?  I found the system that Bill R used and recommends, but was looking at all options.

If anyone has a GOST system, I'd be interested in your experience.  Any other systems anyone uses?

Also, what anchor alarms are you using?  Our B&G Zeus doesn't allow us to mark the anchor position without going through a lot of mental gymnastics, Alarm zones only sound when you enter the zone.   Others we've tried as cell phone apps aren't much better.  Some security systems have the ability to track the vessel if it is stolen, and that got me wondering if it could also be used as anchor alarm.  My old "The Capn" nav program allowed me to draw an alarm zone based on length of rode, which could be set to alarm when you left the zone.  It was really easy, but haven't found anything like that since.

Thanks for any thoughts and/or help.

Be safe
Have Fun
Sail Fast