Re: Installing rub rail inserts

Patrick McAneny

Craig, Its not the die ,it is that the manufacturer would not be interested in gearing up to make one insert,certainly not for near the price we paid. I think you would need more than a few buyers to make it practical and bring down the cost of production per unit. I remember they had to make a special purchase of materials to produce the inserts ,I doubt they would want to do that for one unit ,unless one owner was willing to cover all the associated costs , at that point it would be cheaper I would think to purchase the insert directly from Amel.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Installing rub rail inserts

Hi Michael,
 The new rub rail inserts, in an off-white, are fantastic. Frankly, they look better than the original brown (imho). As Pat notes, installing them does seem a bit more difficult than the originals, but totally manageable. (I removed my old ones every few years and it took about 2-3 hours to reinstall - new ones took about 8 hours over two days.)
Pat -  didn't the original 11 orders cover the cost of the die such that you were totally reimbursed? I don't understand why Michael would need six others to make it practical?
Cheers,
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.