Cheers,

Michael
SV Kailani

On Wed, May 26, 2021, 7:50 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Craig, Its not the die ,it is that the manufacturer would not be interested in gearing up to make one insert,certainly not for near the price we paid. I think you would need more than a few buyers to make it practical and bring down the cost of production per unit. I remember they had to make a special purchase of materials to produce the inserts ,I doubt they would want to do that for one unit ,unless one owner was willing to cover all the associated costs , at that point it would be cheaper I would think to purchase the insert directly from Amel.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 25, 2021 11:11 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Installing rub rail inserts

Hi Michael,
 The new rub rail inserts, in an off-white, are fantastic. Frankly, they look better than the original brown (imho). As Pat notes, installing them does seem a bit more difficult than the originals, but totally manageable. (I removed my old ones every few years and it took about 2-3 hours to reinstall - new ones took about 8 hours over two days.)
Pat -  didn't the original 11 orders cover the cost of the die such that you were totally reimbursed? I don't understand why Michael would need six others to make it practical?
Cheers,
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL