From: Michael Brusch <michaelbrusch@...>
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Wed, May 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Installing rub rail inserts

Thank you Patrick and Craig! I just recently joined this blog so I was not aware of your recent post. I've owned my Angel Maramu for 5 years now and she is in need of a few cosmetic touchups :)

Cheers,

Michael
SV Kailani

On Wed, May 26, 2021, 7:50 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Craig, Its not the die ,it is that the manufacturer would not be interested in gearing up to make one insert,certainly not for near the price we paid. I think you would need more than a few buyers to make it practical and bring down the cost of production per unit. I remember they had to make a special purchase of materials to produce the inserts ,I doubt they would want to do that for one unit ,unless one owner was willing to cover all the associated costs , at that point it would be cheaper I would think to purchase the insert directly from Amel.
Pat
SM Shenanigans