Re: Security Alarm system)Anxhor Alarm

Billy Newport

I looked at a GOST system last year for my old boat but at 14k installed, I stopped looking. I just self installed a Ring security alarm on my Amel 55. A spotlight battery wifi camera in the cockpit looking AFT, a contact sensor on the rear lazerrete and cockpit door and then PIR motion sensors in fwd cabin, main cabin and captain berth (easier than hatch contact switches). It's a pretty clean install, all wireless, sirens are inside on the base unit and the spotlight camera. I mean, it works and works offline but for video snapshots you'd need an LTE hotspot type thing which is what I do. For 500 bucks, not bad.