Re: For those that missed the first procurement of Rub Rails

Patrick McAneny

Jim, Is the rub rail on the Maramu different from the SM ,if not you could use the die already made for SM. 
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sat, May 29, 2021 3:24 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] For those that missed the first procurement of Rub Rails

I know this is a SM thread but I have ordered a new rub rail for my Maramu and I too have have had good experience with Technorubber.  I will have the die drawings in the next couple of weeks and I will post on site.  The die is $600 and rubrail $1,400.  I did a very unAmel thing and truly improved the sturdiness of the rubber protection.  I will post if anyone is interested.  Some contribution to the die would be great but I am doing the new rail regardless.

Best Regards
Jim Watkins
Act II Maramu Hull 186

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Powers SV Aquarius
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2021 5:47 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] For those that missed the first procurement of Rub Rails

Thanks Pat,

But, it's only fair if we should share in the cost of the die as well somehow!  Let's see how many owners that are looking to upgrade their rub rails!

Can you tell me the weight of a set of rub rails for a SM?

Thanks,

Ken Powers
Sailing Aquarius
SM2K#262

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.