Re: Mainsheet Traveller replacement on an early Super Maramu

I may be wrong, but that car does not look like the original car I remember on early SMs. Maybe someone with an early SM can confirm or correct me.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 8:35 AM Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:
Unfortunately the mainsheet traveller on our Super Maramu has snapped. Luckily there was hardly any wind and the problem was easily contained.

I have attached a photo of the traveller car. On our boat the previous owner made so many changes that it isn't always possible to be sure whether a particular feature is original or not. I suspect the traveller set up isn't original because the ends aren't slotted onto the track properly. It looks like they were not installed at the same time as the track. I also suspect that the traveller car isn't original or it has been modified.

Anyway, I need to remove the car and the only way I can see to do that without removing the track is by cutting the track at one end. Removing the track will be a nightmare because there are 30 bolts with flat screwdriver heads. I have tried a few and some will need drilling out.

If anyone has any experience of this problem how did you solve it? Also, can anyone provide details of a suitable replacement?

Many thanks

Can anyone advise me whether r
--
Mark & Nicky Barter