Re: Mainsheet Traveller replacement on an early Super Maramu

I may be wrong, but that car does not look like the original car I remember on early SMs. Maybe someone with an early SM can confirm or correct me.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, May 30, 2021 at 8:35 AM Mark Barter <markbarter100@...> wrote:
Unfortunately the mainsheet traveller on our Super Maramu has snapped. Luckily there was hardly any wind and the problem was easily contained.

I have attached a photo of the traveller car. On our boat the previous owner made so many changes that it isn't always possible to be sure whether a particular feature is original or not. I suspect the traveller set up isn't original because the ends aren't slotted onto the track properly. It looks like they were not installed at the same time as the track. I also suspect that the traveller car isn't original or it has been modified.

Anyway, I need to remove the car and the only way I can see to do that without removing the track is by cutting the track at one end. Removing the track will be a nightmare because there are 30 bolts with flat screwdriver heads. I have tried a few and some will need drilling out.

If anyone has any experience of this problem how did you solve it? Also, can anyone provide details of a suitable replacement?

Many thanks

Can anyone advise me whether r 
--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky
SM 110

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.