Re: Mainsheet Traveller replacement on an early Super Maramu

Mark Barter

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 03:32 PM, Bill Kinney wrote:
Hi Bill,
That is very helpful.

I am sure that the previous owner fitted this car and I also think he devised a way of fitting it without removing the track. The problem is that I don't know how he did it and I can't contact him.

With regard to cutting the track, what I was thinking of doing is cutting the track about 15cm from the end with a multitool and then just removing the screws from the shorter part. The shorter part can then be removed. Once the car had been replaced or repaired I would refit the shorter part.

Your advice regarding removal of the screws is excellent. I will try that when I am back at the boat.

Thank you for time on this.

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky