Re: Mainsheet Traveller replacement on an early Super Maramu

Mark Barter

Hi Steve,

The traveller car and the end blocks you have look almost identical to the ones we have fitted. I thought I had found a replacement car on Ebay but it isn't going to be compatible. It is the same as the car on Noa Blue above.

What I can't figure out is what the 4 nuts either side of the car are for. I have undone them all and the thread that they are on appears to be captive in the car. Of course it may just be seized in there. I thought by removing the nuts the wheels may have come free allowing the car to be removed but that didn't happen. Have you any idea what the nuts do here?

My thought is to remove the car because I think that the stainless loop will be attached to the car by 2 bolts. If I can get the car off I can remove the damaged bolts and re attach the loop with new bolts.

Thanks
Mark
--
Mark & Nicky Barter