Re: Solar installation and Link10 Battery Monitor

Mark McGovern

Ian,

It's sounds like the DC negative cable from your solar charge controller is wired incorrectly and is bypassing the shunt.  Therefore, the shunt and the battery monitor are not "seeing" the amps going into the batteries from the solar panels.  Try moving the negative cable coming from the solar charge controller to the "inlet" side of the shunt so that the current from the charge controller is going through the shunt.  The shunt is located outside the battery compartment on the other side of the main DC negative stud that is inside the battery compartment.  Remove the mattress above the battery compartment and you will see a small hole where you can access  the shunt.

Mark

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021, 2:36 PM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We have just escaped London for Greece and reunion with Pen Azen who has been fitted with two solar panels in our absence .
The solar monitor shows good volts and amps going in to the batteries but the Link 10 , whilst showing good volts ( 26-28 ) also shows that with only the fridge on ( we are ashore ) we are losing amps, now down to about 70%
What is curious is that when we use the 220v chargers with shore power the readings don’t change.

Can it be that in some way the addition of the solar interferes with the function of the Link10?

The panels are small , giving maybe 7.5 Amps . The wiring from the MPPT goes direct into the battery compartment to connect with the two main stubs

Any ideas ?

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen , SM 302, Kilada, Greece

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara