From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Denis Elborn via groups.io <delborn@...>
Sent: Monday, June 7, 2021 1:18:49 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Play in Brunson H6 prop blade

Hi Mohammad,

When you replace the bearings there is adjustment to get the correct play which is locked by a locking ring, this may have come loose, assuming you don’t have a bearing problem.

I think it will be an ‘out of the water’ repair.

Regards, Denis
Fortune A54 #159
St. Raphael

On 7 Jun 2021, at 9:01 am, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

It sounds to me like something was done wrong, or something is wrong. I have seen the bearings. That is way too much play.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 4:52 PM Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:
Hi everyone;

While diving to clean the hull and the prop, I noticed that one of the blades rocks back and forth about 1/8” to 1/4”. The other two are tight.

The blades had new bearings installed in 2018  with about 1800 hours on the engine. This is about the time Brunton recommends an overhaul. The work was done at Manoel”s in Malta by workers that seemed competent.

Has anyone run into this ? Any information on repairs ot solutions would be appreciated.

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo
+1-323-633-2222 Cell
+1-424-644-0908 Fax