Yanmar 100 HP (4JH3-HTE) Exhaust Hose Replacement

Paul Stascavage

Good day all,

I have searched the forum but have not found what I am looking for.

I want to replace the Yanmar exhaust hose but there are so many options with regard to manufacturers and materials that I find it difficult for me to select an appropriate replacement product.

I was hoping that those who have done this before or have the knowledge I don’t posses could make some recommendations regarding a suitable replacement.

The large section of hose is labeled “Thor Special Echappement Exhaust Hose” and is solid black.  This hose is installed from the exit side of the Vetus Waterlock (muffler) to the exhaust port on the hull.  The small section of hose from the exhaust elbow to the intake side of the Muffler is labeled “www.ivgspa.it ETNA Marine Gas Hose Lloyds No 99/00169 (E2).

I am not sure why the two section are different or if they are both original.  I believe the Thor is original as the Onan Exhaust Hose is the same.  The smaller section of hose does need to make a sharp bend which could explain why it is different or it may be subjected to higher heat as it is closer to the engine in the stream, or it could have been replaced by the PO. Either way, the smaller section has not held up as well.

I would like to do this job with both the most suitable and the highest quality product available to me.  I’d rather spend a few extra dollars now and get the longest life out of the project.

I am writing to Thor to see if they can identify the existing product.  The smaller section of hose looks to be available from IVG but I am not sure I want to use that one again based on it’s current condition.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn