Re: Play in Brunson H6 prop blade

Nick Newington

Well done Mohammad.
At the end of the day we all realise that you gotta do it yourself. There are, of course, plenty of excellent tradesmen, but few and far between.
I bought the full service kit from Buntons but all is well for the moment so it rests in wait.
I had toyed with the idea of getting the yard to do it over the winter, but not now, not after your story.
I am in Athens connecting to Leros in the morning…..
Nick
Amelia Aml54-019

On 8 Jun 2021, at 16:44, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

I have now removed all three blades. Two blades are missing the track for the roller bearing to seat in. The third one has it and the blade is in perfect shape. All of these parts  were in the kit that I supplied to them. They must have seen these tracks and did not know where they went and decided it was extra parts without even an inquiry. The strange part is that one of the blades was done correctly, so I fail to see how they missed the other two, unless they were done by different “mechanics”. I’m hoping to finish dismantling and cleaning today, re-assemble tomorrow. The diver is scheduled to come back Thursday AM to assist in the re-installation of the prop.

The plus side is that we have avoided a haul out and the whole process should take less than 2 days. This is something that can be done without an assist from a diver and I believe the whole process can be accomplished in a long day, in calm weather at anchor.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099