Re: Seasickness cures and medication

The helm!

Tell crew members to tell you when they feel the least bit queasy, then put them in the helm seat and have them steer to something on the horizon, even if it is a cloud...of course, you'll have to adjust their focus when the cloud moves.

This works. Have you ever known a driver of a car to get car sick?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 1:49 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
When doing aerobatic training in the RCAF, we could use Scopolamine patches.

Luckily, I never needed one even when surrounded by very sick people. I am lucky.

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, NZ

On 10/06/2021, at 6:08 AM, JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...> wrote:

 Scopaderm a patch that sticks to the skin behind the ear and available at pharmacies in NZ is excellent for crew afflicted by sea sickness . It’s not cheap at about NZ $25 for 2 patches. You wear both. Does not make users drowsy.  I don’t use myself but always keep some on board for use when someone on board is afflicted

John Hayes
Nga Waka SN 61
Wellington NZ

On 10/06/2021, at 4:55 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

I was asked by a crewmember to poll the group to find out what Amel owners used

and recommended for seasickness.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376