Re: Preventing Bow Thruster drop during service

Jose Venegas

Hi Eric,
Until about 3 or 4 years ago I used the recommended method that you describe, using  not one but two hose clamps to make sure I will not drop the BT into the water, or worse, on the ground as it happened to Delos years ago.  Initially, I was passing the line through the propeller space as Ian does but I realized that if the line is properly adjusted it is not necessary and it keeps the BT in a safe and stable position before uncoupling the trunk from the motor to mount the wood-line gadget.  If I had to do it in the water I would still use the hose clamps but also use the line for further safety.

Jose
SM 278