Re: Running larger battery charger cables

Jose Venegas

Bill,
Two years ago, I replaced my chargers for  Mastervolt 60 amp and 100 amp.  According to the specs for the 100 am charger a cable AWG2 is perfectly fine and thus it can be connected to the batteries with the standard cables of our boat.  I would not spend the effort changing them. If you want to add extra safety you can connect in parallel the cables going for each of the two battery chargers.  I kept the same cables of the original 30 and 60 amp charger cables for the 60 and 100 amp chargers without any problem.

Jose
Ipanema SM 276