Re: Volvo D3-110 Sensor - Spare Sensor Sets

Ruedi,

The best advice I can give you to get a list is to contact Volvo France for that list with your model and serial number. You have model C and I believe the latest model is at least H.

Volvo France is the ones who modified at least some, maybe all of the D3s for isolated ground. There might be a different sensor between some models. I am not sure of that.

The sensor that seems to be the most common sensor to fail and cause problems is the boost sensor followed by the oil pressure sensor, but this is not an analytical answer.

If/when you get an answer, please let me know, and if possible, ask which models of the D3, in addition to the C, the list will apply to.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 11:03 AM Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Try Bosch automotive sensors they worked for me and were very inexpensive

On Jun 14, 2021, at 10:36 AM, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

Dear Amelia’s

Because our Volvo D3-110 is running with some sensors, I try to find out which of those are most important and vital to have as spare. I do have the D3-110 C and I’m quite happy with it, but I feel better to have those sensors who could fail as spare.

Does anyone have a list and a source of those vital sensors?

Can anybody let us know which of those you have spare and where you ordered them?

@Bill Rose: Do I need to have all these sensors with isolated ground? Not sure about these?

I found some with 3 Pins, four pins and also 2 pins. The “m prop valve” Sensor has only 2 pins and therefore most likely not with isolated ground?? Correct?

Hope to get some feedback about the mystery - sensors ;-)
Happy Sailing

Ruedi Waldispuehl
WASABI AML54-#55
Currently in Cartagena (ES)