Re: Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Doug Smith

Mohammad,

In the PDF discussing the troubleshooting I did, I discussed all the US based suppliers for the different things purchased. I used IMTRA for the IPC relay, and received it within a couple of days, shipped inside the US.  I just checked and didn’t see a Mediterranean based distributer, but If you figure out that this is the item, I can assist with ordering local and getting it over to you.

As for other parts, the micro switches would be the item I think you might want to have on hand. The details for ordering them are also based on getting them from US. I believe they are actually European, so you might have better luck on those. Spare lip seals are needed for the routine maintenance. 22*40*7, you need 2 for the propellesr, and then the 60*80*12 is needed for the drive leg going down through the bottom of the hull. Everything else seemed pretty available from routine sources.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

White Point Marina, Kinsale VA USA

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Reply-To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 2:18 PM
To: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Thanks doug fir the quick reply. I’ll try it out and see what I can find. Where did you buy the relay from? Are there other spare parts that yiu found is good to carry on board?

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo

+1-323-633-2222 Cell

+1-424-644-0908 Fax

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Doug Smith via groups.io <dugsmith98@...>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 7:07:53 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Mohammad, I went through a similar issue last year with mine.  It ended up being the IPC relay, which I was able to diagnose using the SP_troubleshooting guide.  I also showed the steps used in my details of bow thruster details PDF.  It is picture 11,page 7.  You will use a jumper wire on the solenoid, to see where the problem is.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

White Point Marina, Kinsale VA USA

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Reply-To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 12:21 PM
To: "Amel group new .iso" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Our bow thruster stopped working on one direction. While pulling out the manuals, I would appreciate any information regarding the potential source. 

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo 

A54 #099

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.