Re: Lewmar ST 40 winches on an SM

Thanks, Nick,

 Good to hear that you're afloat. We have had some great sails over the past 10 days--but heavy rain and gusts to 40k coming to Poros yesterday, thankfully on a reach and we now have very clean decks.

Ian & Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Poros

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington@...>
Sent: 15 June 2021 03:27
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar ST 40 winches on an SM

Hi Ian,
Failing success with penetrating oil you will have to unbolt the winch and tap the central spindle out from the bottom.
I had to do this one time, actually whole job took an hour, once I accepted defeat from above.
Nick
Back in the water, cleaning and polishing getting ship shape.
Amelia
AML 54 -019
Leros

On 14 Jun 2021, at 15:20, ianjudyjenkins@... wrote:

Thanks, Arno,

Penetrating oil and brute force   now have the spindles turning. I'll keep up that application until  they are free.

Ian