From: Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Re: Floor locker latches
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Kent, we have done a lot of ocean work with our SM 209 (32000 miles) we have NEVER had an issue with floor boards. Pardon me but those guys doing the safety checks for the 1500 are as much interested in safety as they are in how much you spend to follow their advice. We have been in 35 foot waves and 60+ kts without an issue with the floor boards. Kent when the wind is up the first sail that comes down/rolls up is the main. Don't try to run in a big beam sea way bear off or run or for that matter just heave to and wait it out...
Take to time to stop at St Georges in Berumda. Relax for a day or two fuel up water up. Go in during day light call Bermuda radio when you are 15 miles out they are a big help.. Call Southbound 2 on the SSB check in time is 1930 utc. Tell him you boat name and destination the first time you call (call several times between 1930 adn 1950 listen for him to call your boat name if he doesn't call again on q. then check in every day without fail..

You'll be fine... oh, when you leave Bermuda say well east of the line south to the Bahamas or Caribb. the winds and current will push you west just fine...
Richard and Joan on Challenge.