Re: Bow thruster does not work in one direction

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks to all for the quick and helpful assistance.

We did work on the Bow Thruster yesterday and it did turn out to be bad contact at the control box plug, which some CorrosionX (thank you Bill R for introducing us to CorrosionX a few years back)  and multiple plugging and unplugging, resolved, for now. Sometimes you get lucky with simply solutions.  I will have to order the control box, IPC relay, micro switches and maybe a joystick, as I believe, we may have to revisit this issues in the future.

Since we had the bow thruster cover removed, I did notice a squealing sound while the unit was being lowered and raised. It appears to be coming from the worm gear, but it is hard to tell. Has anyone  run into this and do you know if there is a way to lubricate this gearing and whether the motor for the up/down function needs maintenance?

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of antonio scipioni via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 11:07 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

I had the same problem last year and Was the joystick failure in cockpit. 

Br

Antonio

Sn108 Vagabundo in rome now 

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 14 giu 2021, alle ore 19:08, Doug Smith via groups.io <dugsmith98@...> ha scritto:

Mohammad, I went through a similar issue last year with mine.  It ended up being the IPC relay, which I was able to diagnose using the SP_troubleshooting guide.  I also showed the steps used in my details of bow thruster details PDF.  It is picture 11,page 7.  You will use a jumper wire on the solenoid, to see where the problem is.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

White Point Marina, Kinsale VA USA

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Reply-To: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Date: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 12:21 PM
To: "Amel group new .iso" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Our bow thruster stopped working on one direction. While pulling out the manuals, I would appreciate any information regarding the potential source. 

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo 

A54 #099

<Bowthruster details SP 155 TCi.pdf>

<SP_Troubleshooting_Guide_with_IPC.pdf>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.