Re: Bow thruster does not work in one direction

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks to all for the quick and helpful assistance.

We did work on the Bow Thruster yesterday and it did turn out to be bad contact at the control box plug, which some CorrosionX (thank you Bill R for introducing us to CorrosionX a few years back)  and multiple plugging and unplugging, resolved, for now. Sometimes you get lucky with simply solutions.  I will have to order the control box, IPC relay, micro switches and maybe a joystick, as I believe, we may have to revisit this issues in the future.

Since we had the bow thruster cover removed, I did notice a squealing sound while the unit was being lowered and raised. It appears to be coming from the worm gear, but it is hard to tell. Has anyone  run into this and do you know if there is a way to lubricate this gearing and whether the motor for the up/down function needs maintenance?

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099

From: <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Date: Monday, June 14, 2021 at 12:21 PM
To: "Amel group new .iso" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>

Our bow thruster stopped working on one direction. While pulling out the manuals, I would appreciate any information regarding the potential source.

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

A54 #099

<Bowthruster details SP 155 TCi.pdf>