Re: Bow thruster does not work in one direvtion

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi all,

just my small contribution to this topic:
Last year in spring our 54 was operated in the marina by the mechanics (without us by Covid) from the pontoon box to the travelift.The engine was used only briefly for propulsion, most maneuvers were apparently controlled with the bow stare, is also much easier and more efficient...Without generator. And back again to another place.
Master Volvo was used only briefly for propulsion, most maneuvers were apparently controlled with the bow thruster, is also much easier and more efficient...Without generator and alternator. With battery power alone!
When we boarded in the fall all batteries were completely destroyed: < 7V per battery. No light no pump, nothing. The boat was dead.
the electrician kept a low profile and just said "bye bye". Since our batteries were otherwise always at 26.8 V when we came back after months. No proof, but 12 new Victron AGM for 4000 € were expensive port maneuvers. Never again without our company on board.

Ulrich Michael
„Soleil Bleu“ A54#088
<>

I agree that the action of turning on the generator and charger becomes excessive at some point. I think it is just a level of personal comfort, as to how much we are each willing to do, to avoid a potential problem. As for us, we do not turn in the generator if a few short bursts may be expected in an open anchorage.

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo
+1-323-633-2222 Cell
+1-424-644-0908 Fax