Re: Amel 54, For those who do not really like the entrance hatch locking system

Arno Luijten

Hi Jose,

I really like your idea. Very clever. I used to live in a house that had that system for the sliding windows.
For the boat it seems to have some additional challenges.
- How do you prevent the weight from sloshing around when the boat is in motion?
- I tried to support the weight of the hatch on one side but the hatch has the tendency to rotate slightly and prevent a smooth motion upwards as a result. What did you do to prevent that?

Cheers,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,
A54-121