Re: Amel 54, For those who do not really like the entrance hatch locking system

Jose Venegas

Hi Arno, I realize that with your modification, the point at which you can attach the line to the door is further away from the wall than in my case. where I simply attached it to the cross wood and tt is perhaps for that reason that the balance weight created more friction.  I think that if you extend the point of attachment to the right, the friction will be substantially reduced.  For this you may need to fabricate a plate to extend the point of attachment of the door towards the wall.

Jose Venegas
Ipanama  SM 278