Re: Mastervolt / XANTRAX Battery Monitor -

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Ulrich

As promised a while ago (excuse the delay) here the settings I have.

I changed 2 years ago from standard lead acid to AGM and just changed one or two parameter according to the battery specifications.

According to the Xantrex Manual:

For most battery systems, adjusting the values of Functions F01, F02, F03, F07, F08 should be sufficient.

“It is recommended not to change F04, F05, F06, F09, F10 – F20 when in doubt”.

All *marked Values are default settings by Xantrax. The other parameter I have changed over time by gaining more experience and confident.

F01        600AH                  (I have 12x 100AH AGM)

F02        27.2V                    according to the AGM Specs I have installed

F03        1 %

F04        *4 min

F05        *50 %

F06        *80%

F07        23.8V

F08        29.8V

F09        *AU

F10        *1.25

F11        25V

F12        *0.5%

F13        *3min.

F14        *0.0A

F15        *C

F16        *1-1

F17        60 S

F18        *NO

F19        1.13

F20        *OFF

Hope this helps for you Ulrich. I will call you sometime today on whatsup.

Best regards

Ruedi Waldispuehl

WASABI A54. #55

E-MAIL:

mail@...

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> im Auftrag von Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...>
Datum: Samstag, 27. Februar 2021 um 15:46
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Mastervolt Batery Monitor

Servus Ulrich

Our XANTREX Akku Monitor on WASABI A54#55 does have 20 settings (Parameters). I played around with it last year and found out it is more a monitoring and alarming systems. So the settings are for example to set low/high voltage threshold, etc. The manual says that there are parameters which should be kept as default, and some important one can/should be adapted.

I’m back on WASABI by mid of March and can send you the settings which I have on our AMEL-54. We can even talk on whatsup or Skype if you like.

Best regards

Ruedi

Ruedi & Sabina Waldispuehl

"SY WASABI“ - Amel 54. #55

E-Mail: mail@...

Currently in ALMERIMAR

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...>
Datum: Montag, 22. Februar 2021 um 17:07
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>

Hi Bill, Servus Wolfgang,

THX for your quick response. But our´s square housing shaped Xantrex is in the product data sheet only as "Xantrex Akku Monitor" named. No "Link , Link Pro, Link Lite" or so.

I found in the Web the same manual as we have obviously on board, but the listing of values to adjust is little different as Wolfgang mentioned, regarding his LinkLite.

May be I can match these settings over on ours? It´s a Monitor, not a charging management, mhm?

If there is anybody in the Group who’s is familiar with same type of monitor, he is able to sent me the correct adjustments (24V), very much appreciated.

THX for help.

Best wishes and stay safe.

Ulrich.

<>

Am 22.02.2021 um 16:49 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

There were 2 different versions of the Xantrex battery monitor used on 54s.

I believe the Link 10 was used on early 54s, the LinkPro on mid-build 54s, and if I am not mistaken, Mastervolt on the last 54s.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 9:29 AM Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...> wrote:

Hello Wolfgang, and other related Amelians,

your hint and listing of the Xantrex values are very interesting and important for me. we also have the Xantrex battery monitor on "Soleil Bleu" #088, as I'm sure many other 54s do. However, in the operator's manual I find a different listing of the positions as you describe. I have always wanted to readjust our Xantrex, also because we installed a complete AGM bank with Victrons 110 Ah last year, but I don't know the correct basic settings in the Xantrex for Amel 54. Do you perhaps have a newer Xantrex than we do? The manual I have just called up on the net is from Oct 2004. We took over the setting from the previous owner, with classic lead-acid batteries. Surely there are differences?

Thank you for your much appreciated recommendations.

Fair finds and stay safe.

Ulrich

#

Amel 54 #162 came with XANTREX Batteriecheck

Original Programm for 630 Ah wet-cell :

F1  : 630 Ah                   F7 :   1,75                 r.b. : off

F2  :  27,3 V                   F 8  :  500 A              f.f.  : off

F3  :  7,0 %                      F9  :     30 A

F4  :  70 %                      F10 :  none

F5  :  23,5 V                    F11:  - - -

F6 :   80 %                       F12 :  off