Re: Genoa Furler motor

Bernd, contact the original builder of the SM gearbox. I assume he made the 12-volt version in the SN. The last time I discussed this with him he had about 20 new motors for the 24v SM furler...hopefully he has some 12v for the Santorin. Include a photo of what you have. Write in French only, and tell him that Bill Rouse gave you his contact information:
Pierangelo Vignando
Vikassa Engineering
vikasa.vignando@...
+41 79 447 21 42
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Bernd Spanner <bernd.spanner@...> wrote:
Hello,

On my SN form 1995 the genoa furler motor stopped working. First it operated only at about half speed to fail completely in the end.
Relays apear ok from hearing, cabels are also fine and brushes as well. Cleaned the motor where possible.
According SAV Amel does not support the furler, spares or the motor itself anymore. Looks like this also goes for the SM.
Any Info regarding this or info where to get a spare motor, specs etc is highly welcome.
If nothing helps, please advise if someone has experience with this system from Germany.

--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal