Re: Rigging and Terminals

Arno Luijten

Dyform is not better. It has for the same diameter more strength but is also more expensive. Dyform is a way to shape the individual strands into a shape that packs them more dense compared to classic rigging.
So in the end it is a bit of a trade off. Given the fact that the standard Amel rig uses normal wire, I struggle to see the advantage for dyform on an Amel. High performance boats like to use is so they can use thinner stays and shrouds. It is still cheaper then rod-rigging, let alone composite rigging.

I'm not sure if terminals can be such a big difference unless they are China-made. What can be a difference are the bottle screws. There are Stainless versions, Bronze one and Stainless with bronze inserts. Personally I like the last ones as you get a nice lasting shine and a reliable thread connection.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121